Thursday, March 12, 2009

Captivating

One of my favorite memory was from a few years ago. There was some people over at Adam and Katie's, but I don't think they were there, it was when Brynne and Jessie were living there. Anyways, it started to rain, but it was a nice rain, it was warm out side, and it was a beautiful night, besides the rain. I love the rain when it's like that, it's like the perfect summer rain. So, Brynne, Jackleen and I decided to go play in the rain. That is what any adventurous girl would do. But what was funny about it, is we were so childlike when we were playing in the rain. Splashing and jumping in the puddles. Then we decided we were warrior princesses from Russia or something. We made up names, and talked in an accent and played as if we were 5 year old little girls. I remember that so well. I remember how free I felt, how lovely, adventurous, how exciting. I loved it so much, I think we were out there for like an hour, but then the fantasy was over, and we had to go on with our lives.

I started to reread the book Captivating. In the book it talks about how we as women want to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure. As soon as I read it my mind went back to that night. As silly and childish it was, it was so beautiful. We were free, we were playing this irreplaceable role in a great adventure. We felt important and lovely. That memory of that night will never leave me.

3 comments:

  1. great post!!! I think I need to reread that book to remember how captivating I am!!

    I was just thinking about how I made spinach and artichoke dip for a Christmas party for you... and you said you liked it best with artichokes (I'm making it tomorrow) and I bought an extra can... just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I love ur cooking:) its amazing like we went on a retreat like a little bit ago, and they like ordered catering food, and the whole time i was thinking, if margie was here she could make better food for way less money.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! I think I'm probably an average cook, I still can't figure out what's so exciting about my spaghetti :) that everyone loves but I think it's just that I love who I am cooking for!!! Katie always says I kiss every noodle:)

    ReplyDelete