Monday, March 16, 2009

Focused Life

This weekend we had our Focus weekend. Which is like where we talk about out life goals, and what God had put in us, and where we want to go in life. I think God was preparing for this weekend all week. More and more I can see the reason God has called me here. He has called me here to prepare, and recharge and get ready for what is to come. He knew that Metro, alive and fuel are gonna explode! He knew that my heart was to serve there, but He knew I needed to be ready. I am so excited to come back and be a part of what God is going to do there. I am so excited to use what I learned and to go back and use it for Gods glory! Well anyways here is my mission statement that we had to write. My mission statement is to reach,lead, disciple, and love the young teenagers of the downriver area. To disciple teenage girls and instill a sense of value and beauty in them, and to live a life that is fully pleasing to God in the process. Okay, the reason it says young teenagers its because my heart is for jr. high age. I think everyone knows that, but it doesn't say young teenage girls, because I want to help to disciple all teenage girls. I love watching them grow and come from a 6th or 7th grader to a 12th grader.. that is exciting and that is kinda what I wanna do with that, I don't know how that is going to play out... but it will be good. Also, I put in the downriver area, because that is where God has put me to be right now, but my mission statement will change and evolve over time, so right now it could be downriver in 20 years it could be something else. But for now, that is my heart, that is what I want to do, and that is what I am going to be pursuing.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! We love you and miss you soooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome Megan! You are so amazing, you have a beautiful spirit and heart!

    Loveyou and miss you!

    ReplyDelete