Thursday, March 26, 2009

Quitter

So we had our missions training. I had the worst and hardest day of my life on Tuesday. We had to hike up this mountain for 8 miles... 6 were off road which is very hard,we were close to jogging pace, and sometimes were jogging, and we were at an elevation I have never been to.. except maybe when on a plane for a few min. It was stinking hard. I cried a lot, and I wanted to quit... many times. I didn't. One because I couldn't anyways, because they wouldn't let me... but 2 if I quit, what would happen... I don't want to go home yet, although I want to go home and see everyone, I just know its not the right time yet. And what would that say to other people? That when times got hard I quit? No I won't quit. Its that last 2% that people fail... when in the future I get married.. am I gonna quit because it gets to hard? Am I gonna quit when I get to college and its too hard? Am I gonna quit when ministry and life gets too hard? No! I won't give up. God also taught me a lot about strength and how when we are weak He is strong. But the whole time I was like God give me strength, and nothing would happen, but God gave me strength in a different way. He gave me other people, to help me though. Too often I am too self-reliant. I do things in my own strength, and my own will. But God sometimes wants us to rely on other people, He made us for community, and to share with each other. When I had no strength left, God gave me strength, just not my own. It was in other people, they had to help me get though the hard times. I had to humble myself and ask for help from other people. It was so humbling. God really showed me a lot though my worst day. But I made it though, no quitting.

1 comment: