Saturday, March 13, 2010

Different

So I had dinner with a friend tonight. We've been friends for probably 3 or 4 years. I met her when she started working at petsmart. She is not a Christian, she says she is Catholic, but she usually just likes to go to church. But that's not really an issue. She is my friend and I love her no matter what. But talking to her tonight made me realize how different my life is to the rest of the world. Jesus said to be in the world, but not of the world. I often think that I am both, because I am human and I fall short of God's glory. But then nights like tonight I realize how much I am not of the world. We had differing views on dating, sex, marriage. And I am not condemning her for any way she lives. She is my friend, I don't need to judge her I just need to love her. It was just so interesting to be reminded of what the cost that is to bear His name. My life is different. I don't drink, I don't have sex, I don't smoke, I don't listen to bad music, or watch bad movies. Hear me on this I'm not trying to say look at me I'm the good Christian, because I know I am the biggest sinner in the world. But I say this because my life is different. Jesus says to live different. But are we living differently or the same as everyone else?

1 comment:

  1. what a great post!! last night I sent someone a message to someone who was obviously hurting... his reply to me "God hates me, none of that God stuff" my heart broke. And I just simply said I wanted to listen and if he needed anything. But I thought... man, I must look so different than anyone else... and for that... I praise God.

    Megan - you are making such a difference in the lives of those who know you. You are so beautiful so you're certainly easy on the eyes, but more than that, your heart is so big and full of love! I really am so blessed to love you and be loved by you!

    ReplyDelete