Friday, March 5, 2010

Counting the cost

So Wednesday at life groups I talked about Counting the cost of following Jesus. And how it will cost us A LOT to follow Him. I was inspired by (yet again) Katie Davis click here to read the blog post that inspired me. I am so inspired and excited to move into action when I read her blogs! But the reason I am writing this is, am I ready to count the cost. Jesus requires EVERYTHING of us, and for awhile, I think I have only been giving Him part. Part of my time, Part of my money, Part affections, Part of my heart, Part of my emotions, Part of me. I cannot only give Him part of me. JESUS WANTS ALL OF ME. But truthfully, my comfort gets the best of me. I want to give Him all, but I want my comfort. But I no longer want that. I want to have all of Him. I don't care about myself, I want Him. Oh the battle in my head and my heart. It's like that verse that says I don't do what I should do, but I do what I shouldn't... or something along that lines. But God gives me grace every minute. So I will use it! Well, I hope this inspires you to count the cost of following Jesus... He said DENY yourself and pick up your cross... refuse your desires and get ready to die... I am ready to die to myself for Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment