Friday, May 28, 2010

I've had a lot of thoughts lately, but truthfully I haven't wanted to write them out. Mostly thoughts and dealings with disappointment, in myself and others. I think I put people on this pedestal, thinking they are going to do something they are not. I always put more faith in people then what I should. Then when the outcome does not produce anything, I am usually left disappointed and hurt. I'm being vague for a reason, because it's kinda vague on how and when I feel it.

I hate seeing someone I looked up to so much, fall and struggle. I think I thought they were infallible but in reality, we all fall. But it still hurts seeing that.

I feel a little lost lately, but I don't think that it's horribly wrong. I'm not lost, lost. I am always found by Him. But in life I feel a little lost. So here I am waiting on Him.

I don't understand how people can walk away. Like I have gone through so many hard times, good times, times when I am far and times when I am close, but I WILL NEVER walk away from Him.

this is kind of random, but take it or leave it. BTW this is my blog so yeah :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it is really hard to see people we love and respect walk away from the Lord. I have seen it many times. It is hard to watch and we wonder why. When people experience hurt, pain, or even joy they sometimes will forget God or feel like he has forgotten them. But most often I have seen that people who genuinely love the Lord will come back. God's spirit will eventually draw them back and it has a way of working out.

    We can never fully understand what is going on in their heart or the choices they have made. But we can extend grace and realize that we are also capable of walking away. We may not walk away fully, but how often do we walk away from obedience because it does not feel good or because it costs us too much? Even Peter swore to Jesus that he would never walk away and then he denied that he even knew Him. We all are capable of denying Him.

    I think sometimes God allows the people we hold on a pedastal to fall off because we need a reminder that it is only Jesus who we can fully trust. Jesus is the only one who will never fall or fail us.

    God allows us to have mentors and friends to encourage us in our journey. We sharpen one another. Continue to love your friend who has fallen. They will need it. Love without expectation and pray fervently for them. God may use you to draw them back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know I truely believe you are a beautiful woman :P I am very happy we have become friends and I am blessed by your friendship & your love for the Java! :) Let's stay friends for a long long time!

    ReplyDelete