Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rest

The last week has been crazy! I either worked or had something for ministry everyday from beginning to end. It was busy. But I love it. I have joy for my assignment. I love where God has put me. I love the kids, I love the other leaders I love everything about it... even the crazy weeks. On Friday we left for the winter retreat. It was an awesome weekend. God showed up big time for my girls. I am telling you that I got to see one of my girls grow so much in just 3 days. She is learning so much. I see God working in her, its a long journey, but I know she will make it. But its not always easy. Having a busy week, means that I am tired, drained, and short on joy. I love it, but I am usually exhausted. So today, I rested. I am just resting. I took a nap and just chilled. I am just trying to relax, rest in Him. I know His joy is my strength. I am often reminded why I do youth ministry. It seems like when I am most tired, emptied, hurt and down.. God reminds me. Man what a awesome God I serve. I am greatful

1 comment:

  1. Youth ministry can be so draining! Glad to hear that you are making time for rest. I am not a huge fan of Rob Bell, but read an interview once where he said, "Show me a youth worker who does not take a sabbath day and in one year you will have someone who is burnt out." I agree whole heartidly! Take the time to restore your soul and just remember who you are serving in the first place. As odd as it may seem I think ministry can become and idol for many people. When its starts to be more important than following the prompts of the holy spirit then God has taken a back seat. Happy to hear you have a level head about it!

    ReplyDelete