Saturday, November 14, 2009

Adam, Katie, Levi and Judah Dorband


Well today was the baby celebration for Adam and Katie. It was wonderful! In January God started to move Adam and Katie's heart towards adoption, specifically in a little country called Rwanda. (I found out today that is 1/6 the size of Michigan). So they began the journey to adopt (not one but 2 babies). They have finally almost come to the end of this long and hard process. So today we wanted to celebrate with them on their 2 adorable baby boys. I think adoption is such a wonderful thing. Ever since I've heard of them wanting to adopt I was so excited, because my heart is totally for adoption (many people know I want to adopt when I am older). Adoption is such a beautiful picture of what Christ does with us. He adopts us into His family, call us His own. How awesome is that! I have known Adam and Katie since they moved to Michigan about 5 1/2 years ago. The number one thing that is so amazing about them is that they are fully in love with Jesus, and they have given their lives to help teenagers do the same. They are seriously wonderful. I can honestly say that I would not be the person I am today, if Adam and Katie hadn't decided to come to Michigan, and work at Metro. I don't think I can even put into words how much they have done for me, and so many other because of their willingness to love and serve the downriver, because of the love of God that is in them. Today I was just so blessed to serve, and bless them, how they have blessed my life. Thats what made the baby celebration so wonderful, because we are honoring such a wonderful couple who have done so much for so many. Thank you Adam and Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment