Monday, May 11, 2009

Submission

"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:25-27

I never really truly understood that verse until DLA. In DLA we work out every morning and it's because we want to beat our bodies and make them it our slave. Don't run the race and disqualify yourself, because you can not control yourself. In everything you need to lay down yourself for others. Whether it is eating nasty green chili, or running 3 miles, it doesn't matter what it is. You can overcome so much more than you think. So I am going to continue to work my body into submission for the glory of God.

1 comment: