Monday, August 16, 2010

5 Years

5 Years ago with the advice from a friend of mine I came to fuel for the first time. I still remember that day. It was the first day of fuel not being in the baptist building. We got kicked out because of hurricane Katrina, and they were using rooms for people who needed housing. That day we met there, then took the kids to the park to do fuel on location there. I remember being nervous. I met a few kids, but they seemed standoffish and I didn't think I was going to fit it. I didn't know what I was doing. Then I met Melanie. She just talked and talked and I just got to know her. After that, I felt comfortable. I started meeting people, and getting to know them and it was great. 5 Years later, here I am. It's different now. I've grown, changed. Fuel has too. I serve at Alive now too. The girls I met that first time, are now some of the girls in my life group. 5 years. I can tell you I didn't think I would be a leader 5 years later, but here I am. wow. Sometimes I have to just sit back and think of all that God has done. In 5 years... look at what happened. wow

No comments:

Post a Comment